Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Seattle November 2009

While Evan worked in Singapore, the boys and I headed to Seattle! We had a wonderful trip with Grandma and Grandpa Marquardson for about two weeks. Seattle has a great children's theater and grandma and grandpa were kind enough to take us to the play If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. It was wonderful!

Seattle is home of lots of great stores, one of them being Packaging Specialties. I'd love to start a store in the bay area--it would be such a hit. My mom watched the kiddos while I took a class on 'Incredible Edibles.' Basically they show you how to use all their packaging (box, within a box, within a tin!) to make goodies look amazing. I'm still learning, but love the inspiration.

Other highlights of the trip included Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, lots of sewing and crafting with my mom, painting my parents bedroom, and being spoiled to workout while mom watched the boys.
Unfortunately, just a few pictures!





Who knew octopus legs doubled as swords??


The flight home.

Thanks mom and dad.

No comments: