Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food Storage

Lots to talk about (birthday, disneyland) but food storage is whats on my mind right now. After spending seven days with my sis Kate and eating her yummy homemade wheat bread, I've been thinking about my food storage. See, Kate uses her food storage wheat, grinds it up, and bakes this yummy bread like three times a week.

What I'd like to have in my food storage is Minute Maid Lemonade. It must be the frozen concentrate kind (the other is nowhere as good). I'd love to have a continual supply that I could whip out every time I make popcorn or just crave it.

Other items I'd like to have in food storage include fuji apples, danon yogurt, popcorn, and Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese. Now if someone invents those things for food storage, I will be the first in line to buy! Until then, I'll try to get excited about storing all this wheat.

2 comments:

Sarah Foreman McKellar said...

I grind wheat and use it in pancakes, waffles, bread, muffins, etc. It's so good for you! I grind a bunch at once, then put it in the freezer so it stays good. I like the hard white wheat because it tastes more like white flour. :)

Carrie Anne said...

that's awesome. my in laws are storing protein powder they really like & other items like that...i bet you could figure out a way.:) i love that tillamook sharp cheddar, too!:)